Welcome to our R. Bruce Wagner Elementary website. We hope you’ll find this to be a valuable resource for information about our school. Please check back often for the latest news and updates!
Valentine’s Day Dance
Join us Friday, February 5th from 6:30-8:30pm for our Valentine’s Day Dance. You won’t want to miss this family friendly good time.
It’s Testing Time
As we enter the 3rd nine weeks, the state required assessment window is approaching. Students in 3rd – 5th grade will take the required Florida Standards Assessment (FSA) in ELA and Math. Below is a detailed schedule for each grade level:
March 1st: 4th – 5th grade FSA Writing Assessment (paper based)
March 29th – 30th: 3rd grade FSA ELA Assessment (paper based)
March 31st – April 1st: 3rd – 4th grade FSA Math Assessment (paper based)
April 11th – 14th: 4th grade FSA ELA Assessment (computer based; students will only test 2 days)
April 18th – 21st: 5th grade FSA ELA Assessment (computer based; students will only test 2 days)
April 25th – 26th: 5th grade FSA Math Assessment (computer based)
April 27th – 28th: 5th grade FCAT Science Assessment (paper based)
You can assist your child prepare for testing by doing the following:
- Make sure your child gets a good night’s sleep before a test, and make sure your child eats properly the day of a test.
- Maintain a pleasant home environment and avoid unnecessary conflicts. Try to make the morning of the test a pleasant one. Do not add to your child’s stress.
- Make sure your child has taken any needed medication.
- Get your child to school on time the day of the test.
- Wish your child good luck each morning of the test and encourage him/her to do his/her best.
- Remind your child to listen carefully to the instructions from the teacher and to read the directions and each question carefully.
Don’t be out of the loop
Sign up to receive RBW text messages.
Enter this number: 81010
Text this message: @rbwp
What’s for Lunch?
Click here to see what’s for breakfast and lunch. Be sure to select Breakfast or Lunch and remember, thanks to the Community Eligible program, both are free for all students.