District Mission Statement
District and school-based Title I Parent Involvement Programs in Polk County will strive to build RELATIONSHIPS to create real family engagement for every child, every family, every teacher, every day.
Title I Overview
Components of Title I
- Effective Instruction
- Professional Development
- Parental Involvement
Studies show that the more parents are involved in the education of their child, the more academically successful that child will be. The goal of the Title I Parent Involvement program is to give school-based Parent Involvement Facilitators information, materials and resources to enable them to provide for their parents at the school-level. It is the job of the Facilitator to give parents the tools and resources necessary for them to help their child at home. Everyone working together in this way gives the child the best possible support for doing well in school
The FDOE has released the beta version of Florida’s education reports portal, EduData. This site includes the 2017-18 School and District Report Cards.
Parent Survey Results 2018
(Click image to expand)
Parent Information Resource Centers (PIRC)
Our goal is to educate, equip, and partner with our students and their support systems by offering a wide variety of relevant and effective programs and resources that will make a positive impact on the individual and the community. By building strong parent-learning communities we will increase student achievement in our schools.
Parent Learning University for Growing (PLUG)
Polk Parent Learning University for Growing is a collaborative community effort led by Polk County’s Title I department and other parent involvement contacts within the school district to help parents become full partners in their children’s education.
Parent University is a partnership with community agencies and organizations to offer free courses, and family events and activities that will equip families with new or additional skills, knowledge, and resources. Workshops and classes will engage parents in innovative and meaningful partnerships for learning.
Other Parent Resources and Links
All parents are invited to provide input when developing these documents:
- Polk County School Board
- Polk County School Board Title One
- District Parent Involvement Information
- District Parent and Family Engagement Plan (PFEP) English, Spanish
- District Parent and Family Engagement Plan Summary (English)
- District Parent and Family Engagement Plan Summary (Spanish / Haitian Creole)
- Right To Know Letter 2019-2020 (English)
- Right To Know Letter 2019-2020 (Spanish)
- RBW Parent and Family Engagement Plan (PFEP) English, Spanish, Haitian Creole
- RBW Parent and Family Engagement Plan Summary (English)
- RBW Parent and Family Engagement Plan Summary (Spanish)
- RBW Parent Compact
- RBW Parent Compact (Spanish)
- Annual Report Card